5.20.2009

Dear Summer

First Grade Assignment: Write a letter to Summer

"Dear Summer,
I love you you love me. You are yellow. When you come I will play outside. I will never go inside. Summer can you see me do soccer? Summer look at me I can ride my bike." -Ekjoatroop

"Dear Summer,
You are the best. I really miss you very much. Would you play with my sister when I am sick?" -Jahee

"Dear Summer,
You are cute. You are gold like a flower." -Luisa

"Dear Summer, You are beautiful. I am going to the pool can you come with me?" -Maria

"Dear Summer,
You're too hot. You're yellow like the sun. I'm going to play tag with you. Can you eat? Yes I can eat." -Noe

"Dear Summer,
You fry me like an egg. You are my friend. Do you eat grass?" -Adan

Kids' natural curiosity and playful poetry always surprises me. I loved reading these sweet letters.

4 comments:

annie said...

kids are such intriguing creatures. these are great!

Tiffany said...

I liked dear summer you fry me like an egg... do you eat grass?
ha

lauren h. said...

Haha, I know! I also particularly like "Can you eat? Yes I can eat." Gotta love kids...

Sarah Amador said...

so fun....im coming the 29th til the 1st...next friday ill be stateside!