8.10.2009

I don't usually do things like this.


On my flight to California last week I had the following conversation with the young man sitting next to me, who happened to have the last name of Heap:
Me: So where are you from?
Heap: Arizona.
Me: Were you born there?
Heap: No, I was born in London...or somewhere...I'm not really sure.
Me: Oh, ok...cool...(don't really know what to think about that...)
Heap: I'm acutally going to go to London soon to visit my cousin. She does music and so do I so...
Me: What kind of music does she do?
Heap: She has a band and some of her music is on the soundtrack of Shrek 2 and Garden State...
Me: Oh, that's cool. (For some reason I'm just continuing to go along with the conversation without asking anymore about this cousin of his??)
Heap: She's a bitch, I really don't like her...but I really like her lyrics.
Me: Hm. So when are you going?
Heap: I'm not sure...She's going to help me out with music stuff though. Her band's name is Frou Frou?
Me: Wait...WHAT? Frou Frou?!?
Heap: You know them?
Me: (Instantly morphing into the tween of my youth) They are TOTALLY FAMOUS!
Heap: Her name is Imogen Heap.
Me: I KNOW...SHE IS FAMOUS!! My friends and I LOVE her! OMG!
Heap: Hmm, I didn't know she was that famous. Wow, you're like freaking out all of a sudden...

Can you guys believe that?!?! Now that I see her picture, they really look alike...and he was wearing a hat like that too. Crazy!

Totally famous...and totally met her cousin.

6 comments:

R.W. Shipshape said...

Now YOU are famous. THIS is your claim to fame. Oh, I'm funny. Sort of.

Tiffany said...

that's awesome!

Sara said...

OMG IS RIGHT!!! That is AWESOME!!!

Jessica said...

um wowsa. this is #1. the best written coversation I've read in a long time (and I read lots of written coversations:), and #2. the coolest bit of fate that landed in your lap. I mean honestly...

frances said...

wow that's amazing! i wish you woulda started humming that: "wheeerrrreeeeee are we. whatttttt the hellll is goinggggg on." kinda. not really. ok, maybe just a little bit. so cool lu!!

Dee-Anna said...

UM but you left out the part where you got lunch together later in the airport. :)