11.09.2008

Skin and Bones

I got my hair cut off. Something in me needed to do it. The best way I can capture the force behind it, is by labeling it the act of "shedding". Definitely more than shedding of hair...a little Felicity-esq, if you will. A physical symbol of what is going on, unseen inside of me. I have noticed a great impatience in myself with things of superfluous nature, especially in words spoken which seem unnecessary. I find myself hungry for that which is bare-boned and cut away. Do not dress it up or dramatize it, I need it to be plain right now. Be simple with me and let me find my own form.

In the cutting of my hair I have bared my neck and exposed my head shape. In cutting my hair I acknowledge that less men will look my way...and for some reason I like that. Maybe Ani Difranco is rubbing off on me again :-) I have added some boyishness to my outer person, and in this moment I feel as though it accurately matches the inner. I need to feel allowed to be unemotional, strong in myself, and a little pissed off right now. So, cut it all away and whittle it down to its untainted meaning. Forget flowery dreams and imagined meanings. Hit me with that cold, harsh, black and white truth. This is most comfortable for me right now.

2 comments:

luke said...

cool.

frances said...

I hate to tell you this, but uh it's not going to stop guys from turning your way pretty young thang. Edgy= hot.

Rock the Ani. We found her for a reason didn't we? She broke the suburbia monotany for me, I think!