11.21.2008

Still

I am learning more deeply of the forever loneliness that walks alongside every human.

Birthed alone, we arrive with huge singular souls knit into tiny singular bodies. Wide, bottomless eyes that seek to know, but cannot. And no matter whose human heart beats loudly for this baby, whose smile opens broadly for this baby, or whose eyes carefully track this baby, her steps must be walked out with her own muscles and her own feet. Even when in the warmth of community it is still only you, reaching out from your own insides to strange outsides, hoping to be received.
And on this day, what I want is to hear my name spoken by other lips, and feel my movements traced by other eyes. To unlearn sadness in solitude. To know myself. To sense again, adventure in His possibilities for me.

Tell me my story once more, Father.

2 comments:

lauren said...

Hi Lauren. This is a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing your heart like you do...you so often put words to things that I'm feeling but can't express. Thanks for sharing that gift. :)

R.W. Shipshape said...

For a second, I thought you commented on yourself. And then I thought it was sweet. Perhaps I'll start giving myself blogging words of encouragement.

Yo Father, can you tell me my story again, too?