2.18.2018

Sometimes I still feel
that critical eye 
scanning over how I choose
to spend my hours 
these days
And I shake it off
by remembering 
that mine is a quiet revolution
of haikus and slow breaths
of learning the questions my body is asking
of re-knowing what it is that I want.
A personal revolution
of "braving my own wilderness".
There are no longer hammers or drills
or concrete saws in my hands
No more building islands
of new kingdoms
But rather pen and voice and downward dogs
for creating myself anew
to exist more honestly
right here in this wild world
that some are flailing about
trying to save.
I guess
you could say that
I've chosen to save myself,
And this is why I left
in the first place.


1 comment:

R.W. Shipshape said...

Love the feelings this poem gives me and the sentiment. Strength without all the show. Peace and steady above all the false importance. Internal over external. My poet friend: this here is your work!